Monday, November 30, 2015

GROANING IS PRODUCTIVE

GROANING IS PRODUCTIVE
Monday, November 30, 2015

Romans 8:16-23 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God. And if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; so that if we suffer with Him, we may also be glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creation was not willingly subjected to vanity, but because of Him who subjected it on hope that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. And we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now. And not only so, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruit of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, awaiting adoption, the redemption of our body.

  The Apostle Paul invited inspection of himself and his company. Paul sets the example and encourages us to scrutinize our Christian exercise and public impression. (2Cor.13)  One of the ways we can examine ourselves is by candidly answering question “What do I long for most of all?”
  You know what a paraphrase is, and probably possess and read one or more. But have you ever written out Scripture personalizing it? Chaplain Bob Potter taught me the worth of such exercise. I do so occasionally, and do benefit. This day I do so with 2Corinthians 5.

  I know that when the life I live here is taken down like a tent I have permanence in and by God. In my temporal existence, which I do confess to enjoying by and large, I find myself preferentially longing for the life to come; that which God has prepared and guaranteed.
  Until that time I am confident of His grace in serving Him.
Edwin Bennett Bullock 4th

  Please join today in hand and scribe your heart’s desire.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment