Thursday, November 5, 2015

WHAT?!

WHAT?!
Thursday, November 05, 2015

Dear fellow travelers,
  Life is full of questions. Not a day goes by without being confronted with questions pertaining to the diverse aspects of life – questions that are personal, questions that are corporate having to do with family, friends, company business, community near and far . . . and then there are eternal matters.
  No, wait . . . knowing that God will judge our every word and deed . . . all are eternal matters.
  Knowing there has only been one, God’s only begotten son, Jesus, who has been and continues to be perfect in pleasing God, what are we lesser beings to do?
  The answer to the above predicament is readily available in plain sight: Trust Logos (Jn.1:1) decree and deed; His instruction and example:
·         Jn.5:19, 30; 14:6; 15:5; Lk. 4:8 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. … "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. … "I am the way, and the truth, and the life.” I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. … Jesus answered him [Satan], "It is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.'
·         Rom.12:1-3; 2Tim.3:16-17 [Apostle Paul later commenting on the topic] I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship [KJV “your reasonable service”]. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. … All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete [KJV “perfect”], equipped for every good work.
  I leave you this morning with a question I often ponder throughout my days: What does God say about this matter before me?
  Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.” (Heb.13:20-21)
EBB4

PS. All verses today are from ESV translation. Highlighting and [ ] mine.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment