Tuesday, January 12, 2016

AS EXPECTED?

AS EXPECTED?
Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Romans [GW] 12:1-2 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

  Revelation is not exclusively a last book. Eye-opening disclosure is quite individual if one is looking beyond regimental vision. The scene once seen thereafter brings alteration to mind, or not. Young Samantha Knaub was vigorously successfully marching on path of what she saw as expected of her until she was exposed to a personal revelation. Responding accordingly Samantha in now joyfully on and moving along an alternative path His.
  With permission I share her recently written expression. Be blessed. And if need be, like Samantha, see.

Yesterday at 6:51am · OS X · [Zambia]
If you live life in fear you are not living at all. Seize the day, take risks, go on adventures, travel the world, try new things, let all that you do be done with joy. I cannot express how much I needed this trip. I needed to get away from the stress and the bustle of everyday life. I was too busy trying to be the girl everyone else wanted me to be that I did not know who I was any more. As selfish as it sounds I came to Africa not only to help others but to help myself. I was broken. Tired. Oppressed. Distant from God. I needed freedom. I needed a chance to discover who I am and who God is and to leave behind the expectations of the girl others wanted me to be. In Zambia I feel liberated. My chest is not burdened by the anxiety and tension that weighed me down in the states. Here I am free. And I love it. This first week was amazing and full of new experiences. I had some rough days and some great days, but every day has been rewarding. Here I am free to live out my passions and fulfill my calling in life. I would rather work eight hours a day here teaching and helping children and make no money than work at a meaningless job for minimal wages. Knowing that I have the ability to make a difference in a child’s life is worth far more than any paycheck, no matter how many zeros are tagged onto the end. I am so happy and I am eagerly looking forward to the next 20 weeks!“


EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment