Thursday, January 21, 2016

RIDE WITH THE DEVIL?

THE DEVILS RIDE?
Thursday, January 21, 2016

John [ESV] 14:27; 16:33 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. … I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
2Timothy 2:24-26 … the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

  Life is very much as elder friend, now deceased, described: An emotional roller coaster that only you can decide what style of transport it is.
  Within the past few weeks beloved souls were enjoyed in home, through cards and calls, at birthday party, and otherwise. Then some soon gone, one 1200+ miles east, another 3,800+ to the west, with other dear celebration participants of their own necessity returned to local homes . . . but not without soon seeing some at medical checkup soon thereafter to be told that I am in wonderful condition for the 80, 018.25 mileage I’ve accumulated but that it is unlikely I’ll ever again be behind the steering wheel of a vehicle. (But bicycling is OK. Think: Helmet, body armor.) Yesterday I delighted in the reversed role of standing and walking being grandson Edwin’s gofer and tile cutter as he installed the new downstairs bathroom floor. Then there was old High School pal George and several more coworkers dying. Last evening I rejoiced in live-in grandson Ian’s jovial remark when he arrived home from another long day at work, “It’s just you and me again Granpa!”  And today and tomorrow and in future more ^v>^<vv^^^>v< to come.

Choosing fear: In bondage to and led astray by erratic feelings, suppressing the strengthening enabling peace that His Spirit embodies;  “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Gal.5:232-23; Eph.5:9-11)  

Choosing joyfulness: Wearing the gracious godly yoke of peace, thereby serving the Lord every moment of the up and down ride of life, and therein realizing the freeing peace that surpasses all normal comprehension. (Jn.8:36; Phil.4:4-9)
Matthew 11:25-30 … Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
1Thessalonians 5:16-22 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.

  We do and will continue travel. It is unavoidable. Choice of manner however is not. Let not emotions power our travel. Choose His provision for the utmost in fine transport!

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment