Thursday, May 12, 2016

HEROES

HEROES
Thursday, May 12, 2016

  Awoke thinking again about the importance of candid healthy self-examination and how without the practice their can be no true God-pleasing maturation. My past friend’s “There be indicators!” once more accompanying the thought and out of the blue I ponder “hero, heroes”.
  Curious, I use e-Sword to check mentions in Scripture translations and versions. Oddly, the following verses in particular fasten my attention:

1Samuel [CEV] 17:4-8 The Philistine army had a hero named Goliath who was from the town of Gath and was over nine feet tall. He wore a bronze helmet and had bronze armor to protect his chest and legs. The chest armor alone weighed about one hundred twenty-five pounds. He carried a bronze sword strapped on his back, and his spear was so big that the iron spearhead alone weighed more than fifteen pounds. A soldier always walked in front of Goliath to carry his shield. Goliath went out and shouted to the army of Israel: Why are you lining up for battle? I'm the best soldier in our army, and all of you are in Saul's army. Choose your best soldier to come out and fight me!
Psalm [GW] 52:1 Why do you brag about the evil you've done, you hero? The mercy of God lasts
       all day long!

   I decide to this day ponder the topic with this question: What do my heroes indicate about me, especially having to do with affect to my relationship with Jehovah God the Father, Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and all others?
  Will you join me in the exercise?

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment