Friday, May 20, 2016

PLANTED

PLANTED
Friday, May 20, 2016

  Yesterday while tilling the garden and related tasks I thought about my heroes past and present, and that how most are forgotten after a number of generations. Though admittedly, hero or not, people would like to be remembered beyond the next 2 or 3 generations, but then what does it really matter beyond the present “To serve Him all our days.”? 
  This morning upon arising I look out the window at the garden with hope of planting this afternoon.
  Then my thoughts turned to Jesus’ parable recorded in Mark chapter 4, so I reread it . . . and had a personal revelation after reading it many times these past 70+ years: Jesus was not singularly talking about light and salt limited to present living service before Him; If we now serve Him all our days our death, all things being eternal, will perennially produce in-kind thereafter!
  How now are we rooted?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment