Thursday, May 26, 2016

LOST IN ALBION

LOST IN ALBION
Thursday, May 26, 2016

  Grandson Ian was sent here to look out for me after my last stroke and resultant hospital stay September 2, 2015. He is still here. His old room is now a nursery for his baby nephew, my greatgrandson. We get along hunky-dory, and of course there are rituals that have developed.
  Ian serves hearing impaired Nebraskans by installing and servicing CaptionCall phones provided free under the American Disabilities Act. In doing so he is behind the wheel near, far, and in between. One day Ian made a 600 mile round trip!
  I have yet to hear an audible sigh or “Ugh.” in response to my ritual “Where are you going today?” or “Where did you go today?” Today’s answer is “Albion, do you know where it is?”
  I do, but this fact didn’t brake my traveling mind……
  Using smart phone visual and audible Google Earth app will take Ian precisely curbside to his destination, these days a commonly used method of travel to locations hither or yon. But once there, unfold a road map of the State, USA, or world and ask “Where are you in relation to home?” (I confess to impishly doing this with those not of my atlas generation and thoroughly enjoying the puzzled looks.)
  More seriously, I’m pondering 2 individuals that had critical lack of understanding of exactly where they were framed by the larger eternal picture: Nicodemus and Saul, both believing they were well-located, when actually they were far from being so.
  Recorded in John 3 we read of the Master’s redirecting words to Nicodemus, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet do not know these things?”
  And in Acts 9 to Saul of Tarsus zealously persecuting the disciples of Christ, redirecting words leading up to his being the Apostle Paul, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?“
  In what areas do I need redirected this day? Am I, are we using His application or are we using modern devices for spiritual direction? (1Cor.2:1to 3:23) Though afflicted with deafness, am I, are we listening?
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment