Tuesday, May 10, 2016

PIVOTAL POINT

PIVOTAL POINT               
Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Romans [MKJV] 12:1-3 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
1Corinthians 2:5 … your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

  As once upon a time did ancient Egypt, we now very much like to think our USA is at the center.  
  Jehovah God said “I AM THAT I AM”. (Ex.3:14)
  Anybody that knows me knows I have no real interest in the sports scene unless someone I actually personally know is participating, and they do know I like to read a variety of topics for a number of reasons: to make me think outside of myself and provincial borders, ongoing education, perspective, problem solving, and for fun. I suspect it’s genetic as once I learned to read I never stopped, plus when “Go to your room!” was a punishment, it was for brother Jim but not at all for me.
  The fun part especially includes well-written fact-filled historical novels about geographical locales and populations. Leon Marcus Uris and James Albert Michener being two of my favorite well-researched writers.
  Presently I’m reading a series by Joel C. Rosenberg. I’m now midway thru THE LAST DAYS. The opening paragraphs in chapter 36 definitely educated, made me think, and wonder when the final solution will come.
  “NO OTHER PART of the world cast the same spell.
  The more Bennett stared at the headlines on his computer, and the more he thought about the past weeks, the more it seemed the world was hypnotized by the Middle East – obsessed with its oil, intoxicated by its mysteries, seduced by its tales of the supernatural. And so was he.
  Even at the peak of the bipolar world – the East-West cold-war clash between free people and the Evil Empire – the Middle East was the main event. The central battleground. The 48’ war. The Suez Crisis of 56’. The Six Days’ War of 67’. The war of attrition. The Yom Kippur War of 73’. The Arab oil embargo. The explosion of OPEC and petrodollars. The civil war in Lebanon in 75’. The Israeli invasion of 82’. The atheists armed the Muslims. The Christians armed the Jews. Thousands died. Millions more were maimed and orphaned. There were other skirmishes, other hot zones. But again and again the world’s attention was drawn back to the Middle East, as it as being drawn now. Why?
  ……….
  Without question, the region comprised the most fought-over real estate in the history of mankind. And it wasn’t just over oil. That might partially explain recent times, but not the long arc of history. The Romans hadn’t conquered the region for oil. Nor had the Ottomans. The Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and Persians slaughtered each other control of NAMESTAN (Author’s acronym for region.) for thousands of years before anyone knew of the black gold buried under its sands.”
  Our juvenile USA is not the center geographically, historically, or spiritually.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment