Monday, September 18, 2017

A REVEALING QUESTION

A REVEALING QUESTION
Monday, September 18, 2017

Proverbs 18:24a A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:
2Corinthians [CEV] 13:5a Test yourselves and find out if you really are true to your faith.

  I like meeting people. More than that I like edifying people. One method being respectful questions showing genuine  interest in getting to know them. A variant of my Dad’s practice is asking “What is important about you that you’d like me to know?”
  Yesterday a young woman and boy occupied the pew forward of where I sat. After the service I greeted them and we chatted. Among other information I discovered Collin is in the 6th grade. After a few minutes of conversation I asked him the question.
  Without hesitation he replied “I have good friends.” . . . his 4 word answer telling a great deal about himself, especially pertaining to his level of maturity. I responded telling him he had revealed a great deal of good about himself.
  At this point in reading today’s DT you’re asking yourself how you’d answer the question and what it would reveal about yourself, aren’t you?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment