Tuesday, September 12, 2017

CONFESSION UNTO MATURATION

CONFESSION UNTO MATURATION
Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Matthew 21:28-31a But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father?

Dear all,
  Sunday, September 10, 2017, in DT WORSHIP INCLUDES LOVING ENEMIES, I declared “I confess the difficulty of praying for my enemies, those beings that harm those and that which I love. Lord, convict and help me worship You as I should! (Rom.12:1-3)“
  Yesterday one of DT fellows responded “Dear Ed, Confused about your statement about having a hard time loving your enemies.“
  In no way do I justify my “difficulty”, for I cannot, I will not, I don’t want to . . . because doing so will hinder or obstruct maturation that I desire in order to increase in pleasing God. (Rom.12:1-3)
  To illustrate: Suppose I avow to have and enjoy God’s provision for personal peace in the midst of this troubled world but fret, worry, stress out? Do I have His peace that passes all understanding? No. Will my deceiving myself hinder my maturation? Definitely yes.
  This truth was first offered through family. I didn’t hear.
  I did begin to hear it from dear Ann.
  Then I was exposed to it from the friends in A.A. Though not an alcoholic they told me I thought like one. So continued the trek:
·         If I hope to grow up I must be honest about my personality. (Rom.7:18)
·         I do not naturally have the answers, God does. (Phil.2:13)
·         I must decide to trust His Way. (Jn.14:6; Rom.12:1-3)
·         Must take inventory. (Lam.3:40)
·         Must confess to God (Jn.1:1-10).
·         Must confess to others. (Jam.5:16)
·         Must ask for God and others direction and support. (Jam.4:6-10; 1Pet.5:5-7)
·         Must make amends where possible. (Lk.6:31)
·         Must continue personal checkups. (1Cor.10:12)
·         Must continue seeking and working at applying God’s will. (1Tim.4:7-)
·         Actively be God’s ambassador of reconciliation. (2Cor.5:14-18)
  Then in the mid eighties through connecting with Overcomers In Christ, a Christ-centered Bible-based ministry, I read: “We Face the Truth Knowing that Truth Forms Our Lifeline to Recovery. … (John 8:32)”
  Today I continue the journey to serve Him all my days.
Sincerely,
Edwin B. Bullock 4th



 


No comments:

Post a Comment