Friday, September 29, 2017

REMAING NEEDY

REMAINING NEEDY
Friday, September 29, 2017

John 16:13a Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
1John 1:4-10 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

  One thing God’s Holy Spirit does is not let me forget my old nature was not extinguished when I trusted Lord Jesus Christ as personal redeemer at age 27. (Rom.7:14) I required yet another reminder this week.
  It began weeks ago with my contracting Tom Myer to refinish the hardwood floors in a house we’re prepping for sale. I felt good about “Me, myself, and I.” not doing the job though we are quite capable of doing so. I painted. Tom sanded. We swapped stories. The work passed the halfway point this week. Tom explained it will be completed by next Friday. Then, though not in our handshake agreement, he said he would install a fitted oak threshold between the uneven hall hardwood and bathroom tile. “No, I’ll do that.” says I. Tom looked at me with a twinkle in his eye.
  That evening while watching FALLING SKYS the Spirit of truth fell on me.
  My first choice for a life verse had been Romans 5:8. Within a few months I realized I needed Scripture that speaks to an ongoing need in my life. After a bit of elder mentoring on self-recognition and prayerful thought I chose Psalm 32:8-9 “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.”
  The next morning I was painting inside a closet when Tom arrived as usual about 9:30 after completing his nightshift job. As usual we greeted by shaking hands. I then handed him my cellphone to “With good reason read my life verses.” A special moment occurred between God, Tom, and me as I accepted the gift that Tom intended for me that I had initially pridefully rejected.
  Back in the closet painting with Tom sanding above me on the second floor I felt mighty blessed . . . and thought of Song of Solomon 2:15.
  Thank you Lord for Your workings in every member of Your family, including dealing with me, myself, and I of the mulish branch.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment