Sunday, October 1, 2017

DESIRING CANDID HONESTY?

DESIRING CANDID HONESTY?
Sunday, October 01, 2017

When the young man heard Jesus’ words, he reacted emotionally and went away. (Mt.19:19-22)

  Jesus said “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.” (Jn.14:6)
  We the people are always saying we want truth, candid honesty. Ah, but do we really?!
  Jesus always spoke candidly. He could do no other. Oh yes there then were those that appreciated His candor, but large numbers of people from priest to peasant disliked and/or hated Him for it. (Jn.7:32-46)
  And so is sinful nature from Adam to Cain to me; delighting in God telling the truth about life, but not necessarily when speaking of personal application. Read the words Jesus spoke to individuals and groups as recorded in the New Testament. Now imagine Him here face to face saying them to you and me.
  For myself I admit I much prefer the comfortable warm misty picture of Him quietly lovingly carrying me along a stormy beach. 

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment