Monday, October 16, 2017

MARISA'S DONUT SERMON

MARISA’S DONUT SERMON
Monday, October 16, 2017

1Thessalonians 5:16-19  Rejoice evermore.  Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit.

  Yesterday I heard yet another indirect sermon. Impossible to tabulate them in column other than direct sermons, but I very much suspect they outnumber the latter by more than a multiplication factor of 12.
  I arrived early for Sunday School. Said good morning to a few of the regular early birds then grabbed a donut. I silently thanked Jon for providing them every Sunday.
  After weeks of trial and error I sit in spot acoustically best for these dull ears. While enjoying my donut Marisa sat in the chair on my left, laid her donut on napkin on table and bowed her head and silently gave thanks as though it was a seven course dinner. Then began our lesson with much good discussion including some personal sharing on the topic from Matthew.
  Arriving home just before noon I prepared a large serving bowl full of salad and dressed it with Balsamic & Basil Vinaigrette. With it I dined on a slice of toasted multi-grain bread spread with Philadelphia cream cheese. And as always of course I prayed before taking a single nibble.
  Next week, assuming Jon again provides donuts, I’ll also be praying over my selection.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment