Thursday, October 12, 2017

QUESTIONS AS A MIRROR

QUESTIONS AS A MIRROR
Thursday, October 12, 2017

  Questions and how we answer reflect much about us.
  Here’s one that was presented in a handout in pastor’s spiritual discussions class on Wednesday evening, October 4th.  If the Scripture has a single subject at all, what is it?
  I believe God’s Word is primarily about Him. Where do I get this conviction?

1.       Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God …”
2.       Exodus 3:14 “I AM that I AM”. The 5 brief phrase identifying and declaring He is, absolute, and therefore the one and only unchanging and eternal Being. Also note Hebrews 6:18; 13:8.
3.       He is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:15-19.
4.       I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending“ repeated in Isaiah 41:4, 48:12; Revelation 1:8, 11, 17; 21:6; 22:13.

  My summary conviction is Sovereign God, Creator and Sustainer, is the main subject of His Word.
  How now do you respond to the question?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment