Monday, October 9, 2017

OVERCOMING THE NORM

OVERCOMING THE NORM
Monday, October 09, 2017

   Matthew [MKJV] 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers! For they shall be called the sons of God.
   John 14:27; 16:33 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  … I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world. [Rom.8:37; 1Jn.4:4; 5:4; Rev.12:11]

  The level of ambient peace we enjoy is Pax Americana, peace at the tip of a spear. The spear being laws enforced by agencies and uniforms domestically and foreign. To expect utopian peace, “an ideal and perfect place or state where everyone lives in harmony and everything is for the best” (Encarta Dictionary) is not only unrealistic. It is in opposition to Romans 12:2 contrarian mindfulness: worldly philosophy hostile to provided biblical thought and individual personal peace.
  Chaos is the norm. Peace is not the norm. Though I continue to enjoy Pax Americana I don’t naively expect utopian ambient peace. Being a reader of history and this morning’s Omaha World-Herald I know Pax Americana is fragile at best. For me to think otherwise is baggage hindering my desire to serve Him all my days.
  Our responsibility as citizens of God’s kingdom (Phil.3:20) surrounded by pandemonium in the world, nation, cultures, neighborhood, family and friends, and yes, even in church congregations . . . is to in godliness not only not contribute to the turmoil, but to go beyond as “blessed peacemakers”.  Doing so in compliance to God’s guidance - thinking and acting as His 1Corinthians 13 people et al, for doing so is our responsibility and privilege. (Jn.1:12; 2Cor.5:14-21)
  Does God score us on whether we are successful peacemakers? No. Will we be evaluated as to whether we served Him and our fellows as peacemakers? Yes. It is as with Jesus, by this world’s standards failing to bring peace, but pleasing to His Father as Jesus did not His own will. (Jn.5:30-31)
  Will those thinking in worldly conformation understand? They do not. Adam Clarke in his Commentary, writing on John 16:33, explains “My apparent weakness shall be my victory; my ignominy shall be my glory; and the victory which the world, the devil, and my adversaries in general, shall appear to gain over me, shall be their own lasting defeat, and my eternal triumph. - Fear not!“ To this truth we as followers of Christ are to subscribe and act upon. Though not always the easiest task, we are to endeavor to do so.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment