Monday, October 23, 2017

SIGHTFULNESS

SIGHTFULNESS
Monday, October 23, 2017

  John [NLT] 3:1-3 There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee. After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.”Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

  Jesus said “… I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.”Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, “Are you saying we’re blind?”“If you were blind, you wouldn’t be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.” (Jn.9)
  Prior to October of my 27th year I had no idea as to exactly how blind I was. I was happy. I was enjoying life! After trusting Jesus on the from work drive home to my beloved family I felt relief, but not much else seemed different. Upon wakening the next morning I sensed a drastic change in vision and immediately acted upon it in telling others the Good News.
  I already did not “Drink, smoke, or chew, nor run with women that do.” so I couldn’t hold onto an emotion generating deliverance testimony. What I did clearly know is I saw all things quite differently. (Later I realized more correctly is that I had only started to see more clearly.) Pastor’s sermon yesterday set me yet again to appreciating the work of Jesus Christ that goes far beyond initial eternal redemption; He also offers a resurrection life that includes opportunity to increased citizenship vision of and activity in the kingdom of heaven. (Phil.3:20)
  Beginning with the initial personal regeneration of John 3:3, trusting Lord Jesus Christ further continues to result in recognized transformation by:
    2. Focusing more on seeing things thru the lens of God’s Word. (Mt.6:22-23; Lk.11:34)
    3. Seeing more via Jesus’ “the kingdom of heaven is like” thanks to Pastor’s recent provocative series of the parables of Christ.
  Now seeing these truths, how clear shall our vision be this day and herafter?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment