Wednesday, July 11, 2018

DENYING THE WAY OF ESCAPE


DENYING THE WAY OF ESCAPE
Wednesday, July 11, 2018

   Romans [GW] 14:12  All of us will have to give an account of ourselves to God.
   1Corinthians 10:12-14 So, people who think they are standing firmly should be careful that they don't fall. There isn't any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape. Therefore, my dear friends, get as far away from the worship of false gods as you can.
 
  Who is the most responsible for my decisions and actions?
  I am. This has been so from Adam and Eve on. Read the Genesis account in chapter 3. Romans 14:2 explains this clearly. 1Corinthians 10:13 is bracketed by verses referring to individual personal responsibility. I, like Adam, am without excuse.
  How many times has, like him, wondering been my path to wandering far from the Way (Jn.14:6) of escape?
  Oh yes, in hindsight I recognize deliberately erred decisions and actions. Then there is the truth of my life including having seen the godly path but taking another of my preference.
  Beware of self denying the way of God’s exit!
EBB4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment