Friday, July 20, 2018

THE RIGHT CHOICE


THE RIGHT CHOICE
Friday, July 20, 2018

Luke [GW] 10:38-42 As they were traveling along, Jesus went into a village. A woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary. Mary sat at the Lord's feet and listened to him talk. But Martha was upset about all the work she had to do. So she asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work all by myself? Tell her to help me." The Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha! You worry and fuss about a lot of things. There's only one thing you need. Mary has made the right choice, and that one thing will not be taken away from her."

  I enjoy reading Joel C. Rosenberg’s insightful novels. I’m presently reading THE KREMLIN CONSPIRACY and recommend it along with his other books. Last evening I read “Jesus wasn’t about projects; he was about people.” “Love your neighbor, not your work.” and awoke this morning thinking about the importance of those two statements. My thoughts then returned to Mary and Martha and Jesus explaining situational priorities in ministering to one another.
  There are times when we must decide the priority of the moment and act accordingly. Not an easy thing for those that prefer things to be “just so”. Have you ever been in a Martha setting where you wished they’d simply set the table with peanut butter, a jar of jelly, and loaf of bread?
  Beware Martharization!
EBB4

PS. Today is the day I planned on publishing responses to the denomination that doesn’t offer or practice baptism or communion. There are no responses as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment