Monday, July 16, 2018

DIS OR EN?


DIS OR EN?
Monday, July 16, 2018

   Exodus [GW] 6:6-9 "Tell the Israelites, 'I am the LORD. I will bring you out from under the oppression of the Egyptians, and I will free you from slavery. I will rescue you with my powerful arm and with mighty acts of judgment. Then I will make you my people, and I will be your God. You will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the forced labor of the Egyptians. I will bring you to the land I solemnly swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will give it to you as your own possession. I am the LORD.'" Moses reported this to the Israelites. But they would not listen to him because they were so discouraged by their back-breaking work.
   Psalm 42:5-6a Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God. My soul is discouraged. That is why I will remember you [Jehovah God] …

  The GW translation of Scripture shows “discouragement” in *26 verses, 21 in OT, 5 in NT.
  No argument, people do get discouraged. Some individuals and groups plod in life and die discouraged. Discouragement is in my past, but became classroom history and useful tool. How so?
  What is discouragement?
  Digging into the word I understand discouragement meaning away/apart from active/solid courage/valor/daring. Encouragement is precisely the opposite; with active/solid courage/valor/daring.
  As result of personal experience, observation, and Bible study and contemplation I see discouragement or encouragement as commonly being in direct proportion to our standards; my expectations of ought-to-have and my interpretation of success.
  Digging into the Word, I see that for the follower of Christ the choice of personal standpoint is in inseparable proportion to faith; the measure of trust in self/others/this world as opposed to blessed assurance via reliance on God in diverse circumstances pleasing or punishing.
  This attitude and exercise is also directly connected to our authentically praying “Thy will be done on earth as in heaven.” Earth being the abode of person, home, neighborhood, workplace, nations . . . and assembled or disassembled Christian brethren.
  Let us never forget that “The following is written, "I believed; therefore, I spoke." We have that same spirit of faith. We also believe; therefore, we also speak. We know that the one who brought the Lord Jesus back to life will also bring us back to life through Jesus. He will present us to God together with you. All this is for your sake so that, as God's kindness overflows in the lives of many people, it will produce even more thanksgiving to the glory of God. That is why we are not discouraged. Though outwardly we are wearing out, inwardly we are renewed day by day. Our suffering is light and temporary and is producing for us an eternal glory that is greater than anything we can imagine. We don't look for things that can be seen but for things that can't be seen. Things that can be seen are only temporary. But things that can't be seen last forever.” (2Cor.4:13-18)
EBB4

*As is my study habit I read and pondered all in context. I encourage you to today join me in this practice. Ex.6:9; Num.32:9; Deut.1:28; Jos.14:8; 1Sa.17:32; 2Kin.19:26; 2Chr.15:7; Ez.4:4; Job 22:29; 23:16; Ps.42:5-6, 11; 43:5; Is.37:27; 42:4; 51:7; 54:4; Lam.3:20; Ez.13:22; Dan.11:30; 2Cor.4:1; 4:16; Eph.3:13; Col.3:21; 1Thes.5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment