Friday, July 6, 2018

PROVOKED


PROVOKED
Friday, July 06, 2018

  It is a wonderful thing to be provoked by kindness.
  Anyone that has observed me sees a bit of wobbling and tremoring, the result of genetics and mileage. As I delightful consequence I experience a level of kindness beyond my vigorous physical past. And I am greatly heartened and wonderfully provoked by the thoughtfulness. Not a day goes by without the blessedness of planned or spontaneous benevolence. Yesterday was no different.
  Unbeknownest to me the young couple followed me as I pushed the flat bedded Home Depot cart to my SUV. As I opened the rear hatch they stepped before me and without a word lifted the heavy jackhammer and tooling. Then as quickly as they appeared they wordlessly turned and walked away as I thanked them.
  Arriving home my ever watchful helpful neighbor took the jackhammer in hand and completed the concrete busting task, then assisted in disposal of the fragments. Then his spouse, a talented landscaper, discussed a very nice easy care perennial planting and promised to go with me to make the selections.
  It is a wonderful thing to be provoked by kindness. (Heb.10:24)
EBB4

PS. Aren’t most instances the result of planning to be spontaneous when opportunity presents itself? A matter of attitude.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment