Friday, April 5, 2019

THINKING ACCORDINGLY


THINKING ACCORDINGLY
Friday, April 05, 2019

Romans [ESV] 12:1-3 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

  Yesterday I shared knowledge gained in “silent” Bible study. I too often need work on the points, the working process being BELIEF > ATTITUDE > ACTION; what I truly think producing my outlook producing my actions; grounding my thinking in God’s standards as opposed to this world’s contrary model, a mindset that for the professing Christian can only be developed by studying, embracing, and applying God’s Word. Using reverse engineering I know that if my mouth runneth over I have a belief problem not an action issue.
  Simply reading God’s Word may limit this healthy process. We must hide His Precepts in our heart. (Ps.119:10-11) When issues arise in life we are to seek answers in His Word before anything else. If you are like me always lacking ability to memorize (Elementary school with all the rote methodology was stressful for this kid.), then use study helps many of which are now available free of cost.
  As we incorporate God’s Way in our lives we please Him and edify others.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment