Sunday, April 17, 2022

PLANTING THE SEED

 I PLANTED THE SEED

1Corinthians 3:6-11 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 

 

   A week or so ago I planted some Okra seed and checked every day since looking for sprouts. I had decided they were a lost cause, but this morning I discovered one small shoot peeking thru.  I planted 11 seeds so I’m continuing to wait and watch.

  How like the impatient discouragement we face when we’ve repeatedly told friends and loved ones about God’s love. We wait to see if someone accepts Christ as the Risen Savior, then one day we see or hear something that tells us that the seed has started to grow.

  I’ll keep planting God’s Word waiting and watching.

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment