Sunday, October 13, 2013

LEFT BEHIND?


LEFT BEHIND
Sunday, October 13, 2013

Luke [MKJV] 10:38-42 And as they went, it happened that He [Jesus] entered into a certain village. And a certain woman named Martha received Him into her house. 39  And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word.  40  But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she came to Him and said, Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me. 41  And Jesus answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things. 42  But one thing is needful, and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. [Take time to read and ponder Song of Solomon, and passages having to do with Jesus hanging out, pausing. One of my favorites is story about our busy Lord – Mt.19:13-14; Mk.10:13-14; Lk.18:16

  Awoke this morning remembering a conversation from years past. Though I can’t recall the coworker’s name, I clearly recollect the content of our conversation.
  He’d been married about a year and I’d been waiting for a time away from others when I could ask “How’s your marriage going?” His response was quite interesting.
  “Opposites do attract, don’t they? One of the things that attracted me to my wife was that she gets things done in an energetic determined manner. Little did I know I wouldn’t be able to keep up!”
  We fell silent for a moment. I don’t know what he was thinking but I was picturing couples I’d seen in supermarkets and other shopping venues.
  I mentioned my imaging to my coworker and he surprised me with his response.
  “Oh, that too . . . but what I’m talking about is I’m left behind emotionally.”
  Was Jesus implying Martha should change her work ethic? I don’t think so.
  There are times when having the dining rooms of life looking like Downton Abbey is not the most important item of the moment.
  Take time to read and ponder the attention of Song of Solomon, and passages having to do with Jesus hanging out, pausing. One of my favorites is story about our busy Lord, important enough to be recorded in 3 books -- Mt.19:13-14; Mk.10:13-14; Lk.18:16.
  Is all of above conversations registered in my heart? I again pray so.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment