Thursday, October 24, 2013

SAYING NAY TO SELF


SAYING NAY TO SELF
Thursday, October 24, 2013

Job [NLT] 32:6-10 … I am young and you are old, so I held back from telling you what I think I thought, ‘Those who are older should speak, for wisdom comes with age.’ But there is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them, that makes them intelligent. [2Tim.1:7] Sometimes the elders are not wise. Sometimes the aged do not understand justice. So listen to me, and let me tell you what I think.
Proverbs [NLT] 1:7; 3:13; 4:7; The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. … Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. … Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment. …

  As with many of you, much of my education was at TSOHK University.
  Much against my will one course that I took is THE FOOLISHNESS OF SELF-RELIANCE; Standing Alone is Stupid. Though I several times thought I completed certification I soon discovered it’s an ongoing education curriculum.
  One major point is “Forget Proverbs’ truth about wisdom and walk at tremendous risk.”
  Another point was counseling with elders. Though wise elders are harder to find than in years past, they’re increasingly important to me. Interestingly, in my 77th year I find consulting with elders is more symphonic than once was.  Realizing this could easily result in decisive “I’ve got it!” attitude no different than that of ignorant youth. Such now frequent concord, however pleasant, does not blind me to the truth that I could easily fit the maxim “There no fool like an old fool!”  
  Knock. Knock!  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment