Wednesday, October 16, 2013


ROTTEN APPLES
Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Colossians 2:8  Beware lest any man spoil [seduce, corrupt] you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. [Jn1:1 - the Word living and written; Acts 17:11 – Biblical nobleness.]

Dear fellows,
  Two at first seemingly unrelated topics, apples and nobleness, have been circulating in my mind this morning, then they coalesced.
  Most people know the applicable wisdom of The One Rotten Apple Left In Barrel parable.
  Many know of the Acts 17:11 nobility of relying on God’s Reality spelled out for us.
  But do I, we, always recognize the corruption of bad apples placed in the midst of His perfect ones?
  I confess again that I am not always aware of intrusive cultural and government instituted traditions that are contrary to, detract from, the Word of God, His imment direction for living in 1Thessalonians 5:23 comprehensive  health.
  Did you notice I didn’t say “church instituted traditions”? As you know I study and watch for them, and have warned of a number. Also pertaining to cultural mores contrary to God’s Way. But until recently I’ve not seriously considered what a rotten apple government is when it comes to God’s family.
  When I have studied more, meditated upon considerably, and when I know the time is appropriate I shall reveal and write about the subject matter. Until then I, as had Paul (Col.2:8; 2Tim.2:2), leave you with the above challenging general warning to read and study His Word and develop clear view of this world.
Sincerely,
Ed Bullock

 

No comments:

Post a Comment