Thursday, October 3, 2013

VISION


VISION
Thursday, October 03, 2013

Jesus explained: “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” . . .  “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” NLT John 3:3; 14:6

  Funny how we attach certain meanings to certain words; “vision” is just such a word, “He/she has vision.” meaning lofty goals in life. Fact is, every individual has vision, groups have vision, cultures have vision, nations have vision. Vision is how we see everything in and about life.
  In the homeschool course that grandchildren, their parents and I began Tuesday evening this week, said vision is referred to as “worldview”. Beginning with Adam, Eve, thereafter, and yet continuing, every person has and lives according to their worldview.
  Though he didn’t say “worldview”, my Dad taught me this informally with his work ethic pithy “That man sees the world as owing him a living.” “Lazy bums have no right to live like us.”, but until October of my 28th year I didn’t really begin to see the truth of every person filtering everything through their view of life.
  There weren’t all the road lights then. It was pitch black as our Beetle’s lights pierced the darkness as I sped home thru the country after working the 4 to 12 shift in WECo diecast foundry. For 6 weeks Bud Bond and I had lunched together discussing life in view of the Word written (Bible, 2Tim.3:16-17) and Living (Lord Jesus Christ, Jn.1:1).
  Without slowing down or closing my eyes as I passed the redneck bar the Gunpowder Inn I told God that I didn’t understand it all but it is obvious I needed what only He can provide. As was her custom Ann was still up awaiting me at 1am. I told her about my decision.
  Arising the next morning I found my view of life, including the living and dead, had changed. Little did I guess that it was only the beginning.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment