Sunday, January 11, 2015

TEN THINGS GOD CANNOT DO

TEN THINGS GOD CANNOT DO
(References from God’s Word modern English)

·         God cannot get tired. Isaiah 40:28 Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The eternal God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn't grow tired or become weary.

·         God cannot take on a job He can’t handle. Jeremiah 32:17 'Almighty LORD, you made heaven and earth by your great strength and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

·         God cannot be unholy. Isaiah 6:2-3 Angels were standing above him. Each had six wings: With two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. They called to each other and said, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory."

·         God cannot be prejudiced. Acts 10:34-35 Peter said, "Now I understand that God doesn't play favorites. Rather, whoever respects God and does what is right is acceptable to him in any nation.

·         God cannot break a promise. Psalm 89:30-35 "If his descendants abandon my teachings and do not live by my rules, if they violate my laws and do not obey my commandments, then with a rod I will punish their rebellion and their crimes with beatings. But I will not take my mercy away from him or allow my truth to become a lie. I will not dishonor my promise or alter my own agreement. On my holiness I have taken an oath once and for all: I will not lie to David.

·         God cannot remember sins He’s chosen to forget. Psalm 103:10-13 He has not treated us as we deserve for our sins or paid us back for our wrongs. As high as the heavens are above the earth- that is how vast his mercy is toward those who fear him. As far as the east is from the west- that is how far he has removed our rebellious acts from himself. … Isaiah 43:25 I alone am the one who is going to wipe away your rebellious actions for my own sake. I will not remember your sins anymore.

·         God cannot make a loser. 2Corinthians 2:14-15 But I thank God, who always leads us in victory because of Christ. Wherever we go, God uses us to make clear what it means to know Christ. It's like a fragrance that fills the air. To God we are the aroma of Christ among those who are saved and among those who are dying.

·         God cannot abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Don't tremble! Don't be afraid of them! The LORD your God is the one who is going with you. He won't abandon you or leave you." Hebrews 13:5-6 … Be happy with what you have because God has said, "I will never abandon you or leave you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can mortals do to me?"

·         God cannot stop thinking about you. Psalm 139:16-18 Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day of my life was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place. How precious are your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are! If I try to count them, there would be more of them than there are grains of sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.


·         God cannot stop loving you. Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD appeared to me in a faraway place and said, "I love you with an everlasting love. So I will continue to show you my kindness. Romans 5:6-8 Look at it this way: At the right time, while we were still helpless, Christ died for ungodly people. Finding someone who would die for a godly person is rare. Maybe someone would have the courage to die for a good person. Christ died for us while we were still sinners. This demonstrates God's love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment