Thursday, March 12, 2015

EMOTIONALLY DEAFENED

EMOTIONALLY DEAFENED
Thursday, March 12, 2015

Book of Exodus
Mathew [MKJV] 13:1-16 In that day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the seaside. And great crowds were gathered to Him, so that He went into a boat and sat. And all the crowd stood on the shore. And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, Behold, the sower went out to sow.  And as he sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth. And they sprang up immediately, because they had no deepness of earth. And the sun rising, they were scorched, and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns. And the thorns sprung up and choked them. And some fell on the good ground and yielded fruit, indeed one a hundredfold, and one sixty, and one thirty. He who has ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples said to Him, Why do You speak to them in parables? He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them. For whoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance. But whoever does not have, from him shall be taken away even that which he has. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not; nor do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which said, "By hearing you shall hear and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see and shall not perceive; for this people's heart has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and they have closed their eyes, lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear.

  I have a physical hearing problem, tone deafness. For the most part I can hear and understand all but a few people I’m in contact with. Unfortunately daughter Dawn is not in larger group. When speaking in her normal tone I am fragmentary deaf. When she talks excitedly, I am not. (She thinks I should spend big bucks on special hearing aid just for her. I think she should be excited whenever talking to her Dad.)
  I also have a spiritual hearing problem. It is small comfort or remedy knowing that it is common to mankind.
  There are moments when I do not hear God because of my deafening emotions.
  Tragically, there are many that live constant and/or die with this dramatic deafness. (Mt.7:14)
  Consider the Israelites and all they experienced by God’s hand as He delivered them from their era of slavery in Egypt. After all that He had done, they stood by the Red Sea. Believing themselves trapped all they could hear was their emotions; regrets at leaving the only life they’d ever known, fear and anxiety in particular. (Ex.14:11-12; then Num.11:5)
  Emotions are very real and it is unwise to deny their distracting noise.
  They should be heard but never entertained to the level of deafening.
  Hear emotion, but heed God and trust Him beyond roaring sentiment.
  Let us hear and walk as did David: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”  EBB4


PS. As you know, I review old DTs from time to time. This DT was originally penned on Friday, February 25, 2011. I initially review to evaluate my life growth or regression, rethink as needed, and consider republishing. And sometimes to personally update: Fore 2 years now I’ve made use of helpful hearing aids and according to my audiologist I’ve become a very good lip reader. Results of recent checkup show my hearing has deteriorated further.

No comments:

Post a Comment