Sunday, March 29, 2015

FOREMOST MUST BE FIRST

FOREMOST MUST BE FIRST
Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mark 2:27-28  … The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Matthew 26:38-39  “My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

  In the past weeks DT topics had to do with the foremost reason why Jesus came to earth (Son/Father) and foremost reason for marriage (sons/Father). The overarching answer to both questions is to do the will of the Father; therefore honoring and glorifying Him. All else in within and under the will of the Father; job description line-items of how-to of why-for followship in action. Please know this foremost reason has never changed; and that foremost reverence of His Sovereignty is in natural opposition to my will.  And reverence of His sovereignty may instead of making life fun and happy result in Gethsemane stress and misery.
  To illustrate why we are to live by foremost reason instead of foremost according to line-items:
  Sins are spelled out clearly by God’s Word. We are not to sin. Right living is spelled out clearly by God’s Word. We are to live accordingly.
  But is not-sinning and right-living our foremost Christian instruction?
  We can invest much thought, time and effort in understanding and implementing not-sinning and right-living, but possibly do so without or even completely apart from or serious consideration of foremost reason of submissiveness to the Sovereign Lord.
  There can be critical distinction between keeping commandments because God said to and doing so because I AM THAT I AM(Ex.3:14)
  Do I not steal because I know God said so, or do I not steal because of reverence of “I AM THAT I AM”; God is Sovereign in above pharaohs and all others including blue collar me.
EBB4


PS: An extreme case of Christian living at level apart from foremost reason is shown in Matthew 7:21-23. Take note that Jesus never said they didn’t do the things they laid claim to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment