Friday, March 27, 2015

FOREMOST REASON CHRIST CAME

CHRIST RAISON D’ETRE
Friday, March 27, 2015

  On Monday I asked the following questions: What is the foremost reason for Jesus incarnation? Put another way, what was the ultimate incentive for Jesus coming to mankind? Will it be the same motive for His second advent?

  The answers received:
·         To die on the cross.
·         To seek and save that which was lost.
·         To finish God’s plan.
·         To finish a part of God’s master plan.
·         To draw all men to Him.
·         The redemption of mankind and to connect us back to God.  This will be the same motive for his second advent  - but there will be less beauty in it.
·         To save man.
·         To save me and give me peace and happiness.
·         To identify completely with man’s sinful condition. To redeem mankind from that condition in order to reconcile to right relationship and satisfy His heart of love.  To gather His own unto Himself and reek vengeance on His enemies.
·         Christmas and Easter.
·         To teach us true religion.
·         He had and still has a contract with God the Father. He kept it and He is still keeping it.

  The foremost reason is the last one on the above list.
  Adam was given a contract; responsibility to do the will of the Father. He failed. Gen 2:15-17
  Jesus came to do the will of the Father. All else were line items under and within the foremost clause of His contract with His Father. Jesus first explained this when He was 12 years of age: “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.” Lk.2:49-50
  As an adult Jesus again explained: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.I am come in my Father's name,Jn.5:30; 43a 
  Solomon, after much vain life and study, had come to the same conclusion about a thousand years
prior, writing: “… be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a
weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his
commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” Eccl.12:12 
  Jesus manifested, explained, and urged that we are to live by foremost reason as did/does He: Let
your light So shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in
heaven. Mt.5:16 
  Consider Jesus’ reason as His death, burial, and resurrection came near: “… nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” . . . and our much prayed “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.Mt.6:9-13
  Jesus’ contract with the Father was foremost about the Father’s will. He succeeded.
EBB4

PS: Sunday DT is WHYARE GOD’S FOREMOST REASONS ESSENTIAL?


No comments:

Post a Comment