Monday, July 6, 2015

A BASIC CHOICE OF WORDS

A BASIC CHOICE OF WORDS
Monday, July 06, 2015


2Corinthians [GW] 5:17-21 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence. God has done all this. He has restored our relationship with him through Christ, and has given us this ministry of restoring relationships. In other words, God was using Christ to restore his relationship with humanity. He didn't hold people's faults against them, and he has given us this message of restored relationships to tell others. Therefore, we are Christ's representatives, and through us God is calling you. We beg you on behalf of Christ to become reunited with God. God had Christ, who was sinless, take our sin so that we might receive God's approval through him.
James [GW] 3 Brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers. You know that we who teach will be judged more severely. All of us make a lot of mistakes. If someone doesn't make any mistakes when he speaks, he would be perfect. He would be able to control everything he does. We put bits in the mouths of horses to make them obey us, and we have control over everything they do. The same thing is true for ships. They are very big and are driven by strong winds. Yet, by using small rudders, pilots steer ships wherever they want them to go. In the same way the tongue is a small part of the body, but it can brag about doing important things. A large forest can be set on fire by a little flame. The tongue is that kind of flame. It is a world of evil among the parts of our bodies, and it completely contaminates our bodies. The tongue sets our lives on fire, and is itself set on fire from hell. People have tamed all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and sea creatures. Yet, no one can tame the tongue. It is an uncontrollable evil filled with deadly poison. With our tongues we praise our Lord and Father. Yet, with the same tongues we curse people, who were created in God's likeness. Praise and curses come from the same mouth. My brothers and sisters, this should not happen! …

Dear all, 
  Last Monday’s DT “IF F” produced more responses than any previous DT, especially from Facebook readers. Wonderful! I like the discussion by which we are provoked to thoughtful study.
  Lest you’ve forgotten: Decades ago profanity was common for me in workplace. The usage of I did cease and desist after trusting Lord Jesus Christ as eternal and present Redeemer. My coworkers of course did not. An angel zone did however develop over a period of time.
  I do not use or approve of profanity for a number of reasons, the greatest coming under the heading TO SERVE HIM ALL MY DAYS. (Eccl.12:13-14)
  I do not however isolate myself from profane speakers, for I was the same many decades ago when I was a John 3:18 person. Now a 2Corinthians agent of reconciliation, I am compelled by God’s love to treat others in kind.
  Now it will seem I’m segueing to another topic, but I am not.
  Of the many required classroom hours in my past days of financially gainful employment, I was blessed with a number of classes dealing with making difficult and/or avoiding kneejerk decisions.
  A classroom example appropriate to our profanity discussion: In making personal or personnel decisions trustworthiness is an overarching deciding factor. So I have profane friends and acquaintances that I know I can trust. And I know others that speak lily-white-piety that I cannot trust as far as I can throw them.
  Now let’s look at Luke 6:45; Ephesians 4:29; 1Peter 3:10; James 3:9-12 having to do with conversation. Exactly what people are being addressed by these words? The followers of Christ or those having never experienced 2Corinthians 5:17?
Sincerely,

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment