Tuesday, July 21, 2015

INSPIRATION?

INSPIRATION?
Tuesday, July 21, 2015

John 13:34-35; 15:12, 17 [Jesus said] A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I   have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Romans 12:10; 13:8 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; … Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
1Thessalonians 3:12; 4:9 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. [Note Jn.13:34-35; 15:12, 17 above.]
Hebrews10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
1Peter 1:22; 3:8  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: … Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
1John 3:11; 3:23; 4:7, 11  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. … Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

  Inspiration can be very mystical. In writing DTs there are times when upon awakening I strangely know what topic I’m to study, ponder, and write about, or pull from files, review and redact. Other times I write because of a recognized need. This may be question received, current events and reactions, history, wisdom remembered or discovered, response to accusations made, clarification required, et al. These also are a matter of inspiration; my duty to serve Him all of my days.
   Recently I was accused of being a deist. Knowing the accuser has read DTs for many years puzzled me at first, then it came clear to me they didn’t understand what deism is. So in response I wrote AM I A JEFFERSONIAN BIBLICIST? in the spirit of clarification; my model being Paul’s manners in penning necessary epistles to local assemblies and individuals.
  In loving one another we need inspired guidance from God’s Word, with “love one another” being our overarching motivation. If not, we may take offense (Greek: stumble) and react in prideful defensiveness.
  Who, what, where, when, why, how is our inspiration this salvation day? (1Thes.5:8-24)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment