Wednesday, September 28, 2016

DELIVERANCE FROM SELF TO REST

DELIVERANCE FROM SELF TO REST
Wednesday, September 28, 2016

1Thessalonians 5:15-21  See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every
       thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the       Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast [G2722 κατέχω; katechō; kat-ekh'-o From G2596   
       and G2192; to hold down (fast), in various applications (literally or figuratively): - have, hold (fast),
       keep (in memory), let, X make toward, possess, retain, seize on, stay, take, withhold. ] that which is  
       good.
Hebrews 4:9-10 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

  Today I am sharing a personal testimony of deliverance.
  For me, discovering position in deliverance is most often by being hit with an old fortress stumbling block without the past effect. Or should I say “Without past affection.”?
  The culture I was raised in considered it serious lack of respect when persons do not get back to you and keep you informed -- as though you are a nonentity. Recently, in writing, I made a suggestion to an elected decision making group of people. I was promised it would be on their agenda when they convened in a few days. Nearly a month has lapsed but I have not been informed as to their decision to act or not act upon, or even as to whether it was actually considered.
  Yesterday morning while writing what I planned on being the last segment of the sound doctrine deliverance series, I became aware of the disrespect and realized cause for rejoicing. At such disrespect in the past I would quickly move into stronghold of passive aggressive anger: Unforgiving bitter resentment that brought with it withdrawal with hope of silent vengeance.
  It did not occur! I realized I had not done so for a long time. I rejoiced in having been delivered in His rest. Remembering that “rest” is one of the themes in the Epistle to the Hebrews, I turned to and read the pertinent verses, especially celebrating 4:9-10. I did not do the work of passive aggression!
  Exactly when the turning point, as with most of my life journey maturation I cannot pinpoint moment, hour, day, week, or year . . . nor do I care to, for knowing calendar is not necessary . . . blessedly arriving at this day to His glory is!!
  How deliverance happened I can explain. He gave instruction and equipping. Never in a straight line, but I believed, I followed. A major strenuous exercise was when I did not practice humility, God humbled me.
  Could I return within those fortress walls? Indeed so, for it is always a single simple step to make. To remain in His rest I must stand fast in the liberty with which Christ has made me free, and not again agree to be held with the bygone yoke of bondage. (Gal.5:1)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment