Sunday, September 18, 2016

TWO RESPONDERS TO QUESTIONS

  One of our ongoing 2Timothy 2:15 labors is searching out and applying sound doctrine.
  Recently in listening to a Christian music group I noticed their matching shirts emblazoned with “God can . . . and will deliver you”.
  Is this public statement sound doctrine?
  Your workman’s responses will be published Sunday.
EBB4

==/
Sunday, September 18, 2016

There are only two responders. This week I will address the questions.
EBB4

---

  If you want sound doctrine on deliverance from suffering you must study the life of our saints; "who are watching you from the bleachers and cheering you on."  Many of them had terrible lives of suffering followed by dying a horrific death. 
  Our first martyr was Stephen, who was stoned to death.  Then there was Saint Peter and Paul, plus too many to list.  More recently, would be the life of Joan of Arc.  She was imprisoned, then tormented by relentless requests by her captors to deny she seen messengers from God.  They decided she was hearing from demons, thus sentenced her to be burned at the stake.  After they lit the fire, she asked someone to remove a cross from a wall and hold it up to her at eye level.  God did not deliver her from it, but somehow got her through her horrific death.
  As some of you know, I was molested for years by a neighbor boy.  I remember hiding from him in our hayloft.  I was scared he would find me, because I was breathing so hard!  For years after that I have suffered with anxiety/depression, which manifested with an eating disorder.  I wanted to disappear!  I hated it.  As a teenager, it brought my family shame and showed weakness, so I hid it in Jesus, by trusting Him and His Church.
  I was taught in our church to bring my sins to Jesus, via repentance and the Sacrament of Holy Communion.  As I ate His true body and drank His blood (which was poured out for me) I became more like Him and less like me!  
  As an adult, I thank God for His Son, who showed us how to experienced suffering and death.  His sacrifice....and willingness to die for me, has drawn me closer to Him.  "When I am weak, He [who is in me] is strong!"  Whenever, I am going through something that seems unbearable, I thank God, minute to minute, for this Son, because living in Jesus is based on our trust in Him.
  One of my favorite songs is, Trust In You, by Lauren Daigle.  If you have time, watch it on YouTube:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aVFVveJNs.   Enjoy!
Love In Christ,
Diane
---
Yes...IF the person being spoken to has first trusted in God, sought Him, turned to Him for help.
Otherwise God loves us enough to leave us to experience the result of our own choices.
"Ifs" can't be ignored.
All below verses given in ESV, highlighting added.
(Of course this depends on our definition of deliverance.  Sometimes God's way of deliverance happens when He leaves us to struggle, at least for a time.  I'm defining deliverance here in an eternal and Biblical peace-based sense, not necessarily deliverance from troubling circumstances.)

Psalm 34:17 
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalm 107:6 
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress.
Psalm 50:15
And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves...
Psalm 14:1-3
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”  They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there is any who understand, any who seek God.
All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.
David
==/


No comments:

Post a Comment