Friday, December 9, 2016

DEALING WITH MY PERSONAL FEAR
Friday, December 09, 2016

Psalm 103:1-2 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
John 1:1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 3:3-4 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

The Soviet curtain has not yet slammed down. 109 readers yesterday!

  Very few know I’ve dealt with a recurring personal fear the last few days.
  As an elder saint I am to maturely manifest the Christ-like life honoring Him with my gifts of exhortation and mercy. This I endeavor to do in activity that includes keyboard and voice. There are times however when I fear being seen as an ego-centric practitioner of braggadocio; boasting and swaggering self-aggrandizement.
  Why so?
  The last thing I ever want to do is have people stumbling over their adverse emotion toward me in manner that distracts them from the blessed Truth.
  Especially when I share how God has used, is using, this old blue collar High School graduate retired factory worker . . . though I do so in the hope that others regardless of their who, what, have-been will be encouraged to bloom where they are planted, I at times battle hesitation due to an old-nature personal ghost.
  Wrestling self in this always come to the question “Who am I that my King would use me?”
  And the answer always is “I am His.”

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment