Thursday, December 8, 2016

GIVING AND RECEIVING

GIVING AND RECEIVING
Thursday, December 08, 2016

John 14:5-6 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

  I like giving and receiving. This means I’m no different than the average Adam or Eve. I delight in giving gifts of time, tool skills, material items, and such ilk. Though not required, I also delight in receiving in kind.
  That which I increasingly like to receive most of all is Truth, understanding with wisdom from and in the Word, Logos; the Way. That which I increasingly invest in giving is Truth, understanding and wisdom from and in the Word, Logos; the Way. I cannot however give away that which I don’t have or maintain. Responsibly I read, study, and sit under the tutelage of learned wise mentors – this regardless of male or female, elder or younger.
  An example of this is sitting across from Pastor Bob Myers on Wednesday evenings as he goes over 1John with knowledge, experience, skill and wisdom. In his class I receive 3 things that I constantly need in order for me to in turn properly give. (I repeat, we cannot give what we do not have. Jer.2:11-13; Mt.23:27-28;1Cor.13:1-13)
·         I am reminded of what I know.
·         I am enlightened with new revelation and perspective.
·         I am provoked to Romans 12:1-3 authentic vibrancy; repentant thinking and activity pleasing unto my Lord.
  Please do accept my gift of sharing my daily thoughts (DTs) and benevolently pass them on to others verbatim or as you with personality may. 
EBB4


PS. Today’s DT is the result of my again being asked if it is okay with me to copy, paste, or print DTs for their group. The answer is yes, certainly, for I consider the copyrights are not mine to clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment