Monday, December 12, 2016

THE GIVER THAT NEVER STOPS GIVING

THE GIVER THAT NEVER STOPS GIVING
Monday, December 12, 2016

John 3:16-19 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
2Peter [GW] 3:8-9 Dear friends, don't ignore this fact: One day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. The Lord isn't slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn't want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.

  God is the giver that never stops giving. His will is epitomized via the compliant service of His son, Lord Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit. It is also exemplified by agreeable followers of Christ in concord with God’s indwelling Holy Spirit. Central to this vibrant synergy with the Godhead is His Word written, that which is most often referred to as the Holy Bible. It is by our reading, studying, then trusting and applying to our own lives that we manifest Christ-like godliness beneficial to self and thereby others. Without the Word we are contrariwise, restricted and stumbling because of our lacking and double-mindedness.   
  I speak from experience and continuing observation.
  At age 27 I finally agreed with God and trusted Jesus as the only Redeemer unto eternal life. Though I soon discovered in His Word that thereafter I was no longer deemed “sinner” per se but now “saint” I certainly didn’t always feel or act like it. Two contras were soon revealed to me as I studied the Word. Knowledge once gained however does not miraculously provide the gift of deliverance. The gift of such deliverance additionally requires personal application and continuing therein.
  The two hindrances identified were undue reliance of emotions and one in particular, my passive-aggressive personality trait. Dealing with the latter massively alleviated the aforementioned. Having the “…get rid of your anger, hot tempers, hatred, cursing, obscene language, and all similar sins.“ (GW Col.3:8) want-to was not a problem. Having the how-to, then once enlightened the do-to were the issues. Sound familiar?
  While reading one of my books on anger, MAKE ANGER YOUR ALLY, Harnessing One Of Your Most Powerful Emotions, I turned to rereading Ephesians 4:26-27 “Be angry without sinning. Don't go to bed angry. Don't give the devil any opportunity to work.” I had a revelation. This Scripture is not simply a command. It told me that I am responsible for my emotions. Indeed I’m not to stuff my emotions for that generates internal pressure that is usually eventually inadvertently relieved.
  The great understanding I gained is that no one can make me angry. It’s an impossibility! I alone decide what, why, when, where, and how to and how long be angry. Do I still experience an emotional flash of anger? Rarely, for the incidents have diminished by dramatic measures. The resultant benefits of peace and freedom allow for the unshackled increase in seeking and implementing solutions, “the acceptance of the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
  Have I made you angry by sharing my morning thoughts this day? Or are you too an implementer of the gift of God’s Truth? I pray so, for I long for others to enjoy His provision for peace and freedom.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment