Friday, May 5, 2017

ACTUALLY

ACTUALLY
Friday, May 05, 2017

Proverbs [ESV] 13:16  In everything the prudent acts with knowledge, but a fool flaunts his folly.

  Today I am actually, literally, honestly sharing and making a suggestion that we consciously practice ongoing personal education. Basically, like you know, it’s obviously a need because actually the fact is I and some others are as mentally lazy as we dare to be. This literally true at one level or the other:
1.       School is over, period. Never liked it, period. “No More Teachers! No More Books! ... No more books No more teacher’s Dirty looks.“
2.       How dare you of accusing me of no longer learning! My career demands ongoing education or I fall behind and would be shown the door.
3.       Ongoing education? What for? I know what I’m doing!
4.       Ha! That stuff is for geeks and nerds.
5.       I already know everything I need to know.
6.       You’re kidding me! I read about and practice the things I’m interested in all the time.
7.       I read books, magazines, essays, sermons, view documentaries et al. Some of them I don’t at all or completely understand. Some are happily provocative. Some are sad. Some just plain make me mad!
  I have heard or personal dithered all of the above 7 all my life, for I am as lazy as I dare to be.
  Yesterday I did many things I enjoy doing. Mostly having to do with lawn, garden, laundry and such . . .  all while pondering Scripture I’m currently interested in while a few spiritual songs played in the background of my mind. As a matter of discipline, very much not wanting to be a fool, I read and thought about a few of what I consider “extra curricular” matters. Would you believe that one is working on vocabulary? Most of which you’ll never see on these pages.


EBB4


PS. Another important matter in my ongoing education is my personal life verses selected 50+ years ago. Psalm 23:8-9. I consider the truth often knowing that to neglect would be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment