Thursday, May 11, 2017

WALKING WITH THE LORD

WALKING WITH THE LORD
Thursday, May 11, 2017

Matthew 6 … seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; …

  After asking self the question “How’s your walk with the Lord going?” and soliciting your input on the query, I’ve been pondering it considerably. And as is my custom, said ponderance involved what God says on the matter. But first from those that responded:

                “How's my walk question?  There are some close, caring friends that know what we are going through with Kathie's pain issues, and I know they are praying for both of us.  The greeting starts with "how is Kathie? and after my response they will look me in the eye and ask, "how are YOU doing?"   It's basically "how's your walk with the Lord?" question framed a bit differently.
  The best I understand my walk, I share with them.  I cherish those kind of friends who feel confident in our relationship to ask that kind of question!
   A much younger friend confronted me this morning with a hug and these inquiries, just prior to the formal time of worship.  I was at peace.  V(AR)”
                “Better than ever!! Able to praise Him through the storms, in situations I just don't understand.” J. (KS)
                “My walk is challenging but good.  I meet with the Lord daily, first thing in the morning. I trey to pray throughout the day, fail miserably but keep trying. I'll know i am walking well with Him when He calls me home. Jim Abraham” (NE)

  One of the first things that came to my mind is a mentor having told me “Walking with the Lord involves much more than simply not stealing anymore.”
  In further meditating on the question and searching out relevant Scripture it is very clear to me there is no neutral middle ground. I am either walking with Him or stumbling along in my own wisdom.
  There is, as ever with all life questions, measure in God’s Word:
·         The question should not be anathema to me. Mt.11:6
·         Jesus is Chief Shepherd. I am not. Jn.10:11, 14
·         I am to hear what my Shepherd says. Mt.17:5; Jn.10:27
·         I am not to resist what my Lord says. Jn.14:23; Lk.6:46; Lk.10:27
·         I am to continue evaluating my condition. 2Cor.13:5; 2Tim.2:13
·         I am to accept cultivation and construction. 1Cor.3:1-23; 2Cor.5:17
·         I am to cultivate and construct according to the Master’s plan. Ps.119; 1Cor.3:1-23; 2Tim.2:2
·         Though I am to enjoy happiness as it occurs I am never to seek it as a goal. Mt.6:10, 33
·         I am to seek first all that pertains to my eternal citizenship. Mt.6:10, 24-34; Lk.11:2
·         I am not to be subjective to or guided by feelings detracting from soldiering on. 2Tim.2:3-4
·         I am to love my enemies. Mt.5:44; Lk.6:27, 35
·         I am to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead reprove them. Ps.119; Eph.5:8-11
·         I am to walk in the works God has prepared for me to do. Eph.2:10; Heb.5:14
·         In particular I’m to keep in mind the pro and con of my stubborn tenacity. Ps.32:8-9
·         I am not to leave this keyboard this morning thinking for one moment that the about list or myself is yet complete.
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment