Monday, January 8, 2018

BEGINNING WITH DEATH: TWO TRACKS

BEGINNING WITH DEATH: TWO TRACKS
Monday, January 08, 2018

Jesus said …
   Matthew [MKJV] 7:13-14 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it. Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
   John 3:14-18 … even as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness [Numbers 21:1-9], even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
   John 14:1-12 Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You go, and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. And from now on you know Him and have seen Him. Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.

  Please understand that in traveling toward death’s beginning there are two tracks. One is “condemned already”. Individuals on this track will remain so into continual separation from God and eternal damnation unless they personally commit to trusting Lord Jesus Christ. God makes this quite plain in His message to us. (Jn.3:3, 18; Act.4:10-12)
  Jesus is the only alternative track providing free travel now (Jn.8:36) and leading to forever voyaging with El Shaddai by whom we all exist. (Jn.1:3; Eph.3:9; Col.1:16; Heb.1:2; Rev.4:11)
  There are those that have already made the decision to trust Lord Jesus Christ and enjoy the benefits of being His as they pass thru life’s happy and sad stations. But there are those that remain chugging along on the “condemned already” track. Knowing that none of us knows what lies beyond the next crosstie, with the less-than-remote possibility that it may be death, I pray they will react to God’s warning call and switch to the ultimate traveling companion, Jesus. 

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment