Sunday, January 14, 2018

ONLY A PENNY

ONLY A PENNY
Sunday, January 14, 2018

  Thankfully, in my tumultuous novice days as a follower of Christ I was blessed with a number of wise mature mentors.
  Bill and Al Heger worked for the same company I did for 43 years. Bill, Al’s older brother, a locksmith. Al, a Master Machinist serving in maintenance. I was in contact with both brothers most days. Both men mentor me to this day. Bill, in abstention since cancer took him from us. Al, continuing doing so this side of death, he reminding and encouraging often via email from Kansas.
  This morning while ingesting daily pharmaceutical regimen, including insulin, along with a bowl of Cheerios and wheat squares topped with banana and blueberries doused with 1% milk - reflecting on the exotic bounty in a bowl before me I remembered one of Bill’s valuable lessons.
  A young boy quizzed Bill asking “Exacting what things should we be thankful for?” Bill told him “Even a penny piece of candy.” In thankful celebration I dipped my tablespoon again.
  “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit.” (1Thes.5:18-19; “give thanks” is 35 times in KJV)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment