Wednesday, September 5, 2018

AMBIENT NINNYHAMMERS


AMBIENT NINNYHAMMERS
Wednesday, September 05, 2018

   Hosea [GW] 13:4-10 "I am the LORD your God. I brought you out of Egypt. You have known no god besides me. There is no savior except me. I took care of you in the desert, in a dry land. When I fed you, you were full. When you were full, you became arrogant. That is why you forgot me. So I will be like a lion. Like a leopard I will wait by the road to ambush you. 8 Like a bear that has lost her cubs, I will attack you. I will rip you open. Like a lion I will devour you. Like a wild animal I will tear you apart. You are destroying yourself, Israel. You are against me, your helper. "Where, now, is your king, the one who is supposed to save you? Where in all your cities are your judges? You said, 'Give us kings and officials!'
   1Peter chapter 5 … Put on humility. For God resists proud ones, but He gives grace to the humble….

  The general professing Christian population is no different than people spoken of in Hosea and elsewhere in Scripture; when provender is scarce or limited in menu there are those dependent on Jehovah-Jireh, He who provides. When living in richer ambience, they become proud independent ninnyhammers.
  I like the poetic way MKJV wording describes this situation: “According to their pasture, so were they filled. They were filled and their heart was lifted up. Therefore they have forgotten Me. “ (Hos.13:6) 
  Let us beware defining who we are by our environment; Dwelling in good places, independent of Jehovah-Jireh, bringing on the Lion, and then faulting the feline. Then longing for the next promise for man’s hope and deliverance. (A better king, the rapture, et al.)
  Let us, as did Jesus when He walked among men, trust in Jehovah-Jireh’s provision whether desert trudge or strolling fertile land. He will exalt us in His time. (1Pet.5:6)   
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment