Wednesday, September 26, 2018

THE MEASURE OF TIME


NO GREATER LOVE
Wednesday, September 26, 2018

John [NLT] 15:9-17 [Jesus explained] “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other.

  Only we have time, God does not. Only we can lay down our life by sacrificially giving our time to others. Our gift thereof may be a few seconds or a life of caring for others. In particular at 82+ I take note of this more than ever as recipient and observer.
  A younger neighbor sees me begin a task (A bit of concrete the latest.) and he is there with gloved hands. Then there is family and others too distant to see, but when they know of need they gift their time. Then there’s observation of faithful spouses, family and friends, professionals and volunteers, even passing strangers giving time to those in need. Some moments, others hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, or even their lifetime.
  Each of us have no idea of how long we’ll continue on the clock. What we do know is time is a measure of love.
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment