Monday, September 3, 2018

THE FIRST SELFIES


THE FIRST SELFIES
Monday, September 03, 2018

   Psalm [MKJV] 1:1-3 Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is only in the Law of Jehovah; and in His Law he meditates day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivulets of water that brings forth its fruit in its seasons, and its leaf shall not wither, and all which he does shall be blessed.
   Psalm 16 [GW] … "You are my Lord. Without you, I have nothing good." Those who lead holy lives on earth are the noble ones who fill me with joy. Those who quickly chase after other gods multiply their sorrows. …
   Jeremiah [MKJV] 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
   Romans [MKJV] 12:3  For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith. [Phil.2:3]

  Selfies as a culture did not begin with mythical Narcissus or latter day available technological gadgets.
  Exactly when did narcissistic exercise of self-love, self-actualization, self-improvement, self-assertion, self-image, self-pride, self-esteem commence . . . and who were the people first involved?
  Humanly it began as is recorded in Genesis with and by Eve, then Adam, deciding for self as opposed to Jehovah God Almighty and resulted in their vainly attempting to compensate for their naked self . . . with we hereafter following suit. (Genesis chapter 3
  When James explained that “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” (4:6) he, as all holy men and women was encompassing truth from the first family, then, and future. Not for one moment do I kid myself that just because I’ve never smartphoned a selfie that I’m above and beyond vanity opposing Him. I too do the “me, myself, and I” routine, regret it, confess it, and do it again: “For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do, I know not. For what I desire, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do. If then I do that which I do not desire, I consent to the law that it is good. But now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing. For to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I do not find. For I do not do the good that I desire; but the evil which I do not will, that I do. But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me. I find then a law: when I will to do the right, evil is present with me. For I delight in the Law of God according to the inward man; but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin being in my members.” (Rom.7:14-23 MKJV)
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment