Thursday, October 3, 2019

A MATTER OF CHOICE

CHOOSING INVITATION
Thursday, October 3, 2019

Revelation [ESV] 3:19-20 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 

  I cringe when it is said that I am a good man.
  There are times in my life when I, with full knowledge, foolishly chose to invite God’s anger. Oh, it was not what I was asking for, that was something else, but it was what I got.
  Am I saying that I, we, can know the truth and yet do otherwise? Indeed I am, for indeed we do; O wretched man that I am, within me is no good thing! (Rom.7:14-15)
  Does this wretchedness provide for excusing from product of my defiant invitation? Not at all, though it should be enough to avoid switch or paddle, but is not always so; my only truly working motivation responding to His love and grace. (Mt.7:21-23; Rom.5:8; Phil.3:13-16)
  I without question am completely aware my heart is the fortified citadel of my will to which I alone hold the only key, mine to keep with all diligence, or not; for in and out of it flow all issues of life. (Pr.4:23)
  With full understanding that choice of invitation is mine, shall I upon every occasion bid Him in?
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment