Sunday, October 6, 2019

HOW DO I LOOK?

HOW DO I LOOK?
Sunday, October 6, 2019

1Thessalonians [MKJV] 5:16-22 Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophesying. Prove all things, hold fast to the good. Abstain from every appearance of evil. 

  Before I submitted to God’s redemption, Grandmother McGee was one of my main teachers. Though I didn’t agree with her if inconvenient, I don’t remember her loving advice ever being wrong. One point that I resisted at times was “Appearances matter.”, thinking that if I wasn’t a participant it was okay to be in the middle or on the fringe of exciting wrongdoings.
  Indeed how things look matters greatly, hence God’s Word cautions us to abstain from every appearance of evil lest we are a hindrance.
  “How do I look?” is a good question before stepping out.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment