Sunday, October 27, 2019

THE USA CHURCH TODAY


NON-RELIGIOUS GROWTH
Sunday, October 27, 2019

Matthew [ESV] 16:18b … I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This morning I digested recent Pew survey statistics with my Cheerios topped with sliced banana.
·         65% of American adults now identify themselves as Christians, down from 77% in 2009.
·         26% describe themselves as “nothing in particular”, up from 17% in 2009.
·         43% identified as Protestants, down from 51% in 2009.
·         20% identified as Catholic, down from 23% in 2009.
·         Self-described atheists account for 4%, up from 2% in 2009.
·         Stated agnostics are now at 5%, up from 3% 10 years ago.
·         Giving has decreased.
  Why do I present the above gloomy stats list this beautiful Sunday morning?
  I answer with further questions:
1.       What does Jesus say these changes mean to Him?
2.       What do these changes mean to the United States of America?
3.       What do these changes mean to me?
4.       What do these changes mean to you?
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment