Monday, February 1, 2021

DECISION MAKING AND THE WILL OF GODF: Paralysis By Analysis

 

DECISION MAKING AND THE WILL OF GOD: Paralysis By Analysis

  Joshua [MKJV] 24:14-16 Now, then, fear Jehovah, and serve Him in sincerity and truth. And put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt, and serve Jehovah. And if it seems evil to you to serve Jehovah, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served Beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live. But as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah. And the people answered and said, Far be it from us to forsake Jehovah to serve other gods. 

  Psalm 40:5-8 O Jehovah my God, many things You have done, Your wonderful works and Your thoughts which are toward us; they cannot be set in order to You; I will declare and speak, for they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened; burnt offering and sin offering You have not asked. Then I said, Lo, I come, in the volume of the Book it is written of Me; I delight to do Your will, O My God; and Your Law is within My heart.

  Psalm 86:11-13 Teach me Your way, O Jehovah; I will walk in Your truth; my heart rejoices to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore. For great is Your mercy toward me; and You have delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

  Decisions are an act of our will; free-will endowed by God being our operative system. We kid ourselves if we think of ourselves as not being a decision maker, “I don’t make decisions!” a preposterous slogan of my youngest brother.

  Diane’s father told her many times that her major problem was that she is an overthinker, constantly mulling a decision needing to be made . . . and then too often prognosticating or not deciding at all. My grandmother exhorted “There are those that only know how to kick the can down the road.” A punster friend said “Confucius say ‘Man who straddle fence get shot in both legs!’” one of his many oriental sayings as was popular in the good old days ours.

  For those of us following Lord Jesus Christ we endeavor to apply the His baseline “Thy will be done.”, studying God’s will and what our part is in it. (Mt.6:10; 26:42; Lk.11:2)

  Read the Word, think, rethink as needed, please Him with authentic worship. (Rom.12:1-3)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment