Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A WISE CARING CHILD

 

Josh Klein

There are times when your children disciple you, and tonight was one of those times. As we were praying before bed we prayed for the people in Ukraine. I prayed for the people of Ukraine, for leadership, for God's name to be glorified in all that happens and for people to know Jesus.

Jordan prayed, quite simply... "Dear God, please help the people in Ukraine to defend themselves. And please soften Vladimir Putin's heart."

My 10 year old son prayed for the soul of a man that the world hates (and often justifiably so!) but in praying for this he also showed me, his parent, that he understood the fundamental truth of all people... GOD and God alone can soften a man's heart, only God can change this man, and the bold request assumes God is capable. I was humbled in that moment, my son prayed a much deeper prayer than I did tonight, and he used less words to do so. #prayforukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment