Thursday, March 20, 2014

PROBLEMS WITH PRAYING RESPONSES


PROBLEMS WITH PRAYING RESPONSES
Thursday, March 20, 2014

  On Friday, March 14th I asked “In order of significance, what do you say is the top 7 human problems with praying? I also promised 1Thessalonians 5:11-14 comfort and edification of one another by sharing the responses because we are sometimes faint hearted. Interestingly, the number of male responses is equal to the female replies.  EBB4

+++

I don’t feel that there is an answer to your question, unless it is “I don’t have time right now.”Time for prayer, for me, is many times a day, wherever I might be, and a situation calls for prayer.  That means my prayer is not a vocal prayer, but a silent prayer between me and God.  For instance, I received word of a death yesterday and I’ve said many a short prayer for the family as I go about my daily tasks.  Why?  I know they are in need at present.  I do not need a vocal prayer for others to hear, as prayer is between me and God. I’ve said many a prayer when I’ve been caught driving on “nasty” roads and stormy weather.  I know it is God who enabled me to safely make it home.”

+++

(1) Too much daily sin in the way.

(2)  Broken fellowship with God.

(3)  Lack of faith.

(4)  Life going too smooth.

(5)  Too wrapped up with daily activities.

(6)  Discouraged.

(7)  Procrastination. 

+++

1.     lack of understanding of the power of prayer WHEN WE DON’T PRAY OUR ANGEL’S STAND IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE (JENTEZEN FRANKLIN)

2.     lack of understanding of how to pray     

3.     prayer is work and it is hard and people don’t like to do hard things  (another name for lazy)

4.     did I already say people are lazy

5.     people are embarrassed to pray out loud

6.     people don’t really believe God answers prayer

7.      people are lazy   

+++

1.       People say Amen at the in of the prayer without realizing what that means
2. People don't like to hear the words no - or wait
3. People ask amiss unable or unwilling to look at the big picture
4. People are too busy to focus on prayer being first
5. Poor listening skills
6. Starting the prayer with the word "I"
7. The infamous bunny trail syndrome

+++

1.  Quiet time       

2.   Keep mind from wandering      

3.   Waiting to late at night and falling asleep        

+++

  1. We make it about us instead of Him
  2. We don’t understand His heart of desire for intimacy with us
  3. We see prayer as a duty or obligation rather than an avenue of rich fellowship
  4. We see prayer as something we do instead of it being our life-blood (who we are)
  5. Prayer has become an add-on to other religious duties instead of the means for vital union with Christ
  6. We look for answers to prayer outside the Personhood of Christ (change to situations/circumstances)
  7. We buttonhole prayer by defining it as ‘time spent’ in prayer rather than spending our “time” before the Lord in prayerful attitude of heart

+++

1. Putting other things first

2.  Not praying deep enough       

3.  Not being right with God     

4.  Not being right with others        

5.  Being tired       

6.  Being interested in other things      

7.  Being in a hurry     

+++

1. Unfocused/distracted         

2.  Selfish       

3.  Ungrateful        

4.   Complaining       

5.  Unforgiveness & resentment   

6.  Critical     

7.  Lacking faith    

+++

1.       Focus 2. Remembering 3. Time  4. Knowing what to pray 5. Lack of faith. Best I could do.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment